Perspectives part 1 of 4

Preface and warning:

I want to make it clear in these posts, -that will soon follow suit, as this is a four part series-, that the perspective of a child and an adult greatly differs on ‘child abuse’.
I will add in some fictional essence to this post and write it in a story like manner, as to protect the privacy of the victim.
 It is my policy to not make the real case a laughing matter,so I will find the right balance between changing the story ever so slightly as to protect the victim’s privacy while making it near to the real case’s truth as much as possible.
I will share my opinion/perspective on part four where I will conclude everything. 


From the victim’s point of view imagined:

My name is M, I am a girl.
I am around the age of 10.
I live in Chiba prefecture, Japan.
This happened around the time I was 10 years old.
I received painful beatings from my parents.
I do not know why they are violent towards me.
I always wondered why?


So I told my school teacher if she could answer my question.
She was very surprised at first and got a really worried look on her face.
Why was she so worried?
Was it because I was injured?
My teacher asked me to meet some unfamiliar adults and doctor.
These people got angry with my parents.


My father got a really scary expression when he looked at me.
What did the unfamiliar adults told my parents?
As the unfamiliar adults went home, my father turned to me and beat me up badly.
After my father was done with me, he moved on to my mother.
Then my mother did the same thing my father did to me.


I told my teacher,
“When does the beating stop?”
(In Japanese, ‘先生、どうにかなりませんか?’)


The unfamiliar adults came in and went into the house to get me out of the house.
These adults don’t beat me up, and after a short time, my father came to get me back.
I found out, -while I was beaten badly-, through my father that the adults that I confided in,  snitched everything to my father.
I have never seen my father this livid and scary.
I am going to be beaten by parents again and again, aren’t I?

どうにかなりませんか?(When does it stop?)


- End of Perspectives part 1 of 4 -

Comments

  1. This is a frighteningly detailed and believable account from a child's point of view. It's easy to see how a system that's supposed to protect children can actually make things worse.
    Joseph D.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment